Borgeson 800120 Power Steering Box | 1994-2002 Dodge Ram 4×4 & 4×2
The Borgeson 800120 replacement power steering box is for the 1994-2001 Dodge Ram 1500 and the 1994-2002 2500 and 3500 4×2 and 4×4 trucks. Borgeson has acquired a modern Delphi integral power steering gear box to replace the early 1960’s Saginaw technology that was used in the 1994-2002 Dodge Ram truck’s factory installed steering box.
This new Borgeson 800120 steering box provides modern day technology to address the well known poor steering characteristics of the 1994-2002 Dodge Ram. The Borgeson 800120 power steering box is a substantial upgrade to the OEM Dodge steering box because it has a 17mm DD input shaft. This is a substantial upgrade from the stock box which has a 3/4″-30 spline input shaft with an orientation flat on it. Borgeson supplies their steering box with an adapter to go from 17mm DD to 3/4″-30 male.
Advantages of the Borgeson 800120 Dodge Ram Replacement Power Steering Box:
- This is a brand new upgraded Delphi steering box (not a rebuild)
- The 800120 replacement steering box is covered by a 3 year (unlimited mileage) warranty
- Modern internal valving provides a variable assist feel to the driver’s steering input. The further you turn the wheel the greater the assist. The benefits to you: the power assist is limited in the centered position to help the vehicle track straight on the highway
- Larger internal piston diameter (80mm) for greater power assist
- The Borgeson 800120 steering box is a 13:1 ratio. The OEM steering box is a 16:1 ratio. The benefit to you: effectively 3.5 turns from lock-to-lock compared to 4.5 turns with the original steering box providing for easier parking and maneuvering
- Bolts directly to the stock mounting location, uses the original Pitman arm and even works with your stock hoses and pump
- Larger diameter bearings support the output Pitman shaft
- The Borgeson box and shaft are a full-circle spline design
- Includes an adapter to work with all Borgeson replacement steering shafts
- Installs in 60 minutes and your truck will be back on the road with vastly improved handling characteristics
- 100% MADE IN THE USA!
Steering Shaft Fitment: For an easy 100% bolt in installation a Borgeson steering shaft assembly is highly recommended for installation of this steering box. Pick your vehicle year in the option box on the product page to add the appropriate Borgeson steering shaft assembly to your order.
To use this steering box with your truck’s OEM steering shaft (a female, D-shaped spline design), the Borgeson steering box’s input shaft (male, O-shaped) will have to be cut down with a grinding wheel.
Steering Box Stabilizer Brace: Contrary to information being presented by others, ANY brand steering box stabilizer brace that is made to work with the factory steering box will NOT properly fit the Borgeson 800112 steering box without some (major) modifications. This is why we have developed a steering box stabilizer brace that is made specifically for use with the Borgeson 800112 steering box.
If you’d like to install a steering box stabilizer brace with the Borgeson 800112 steering box (which we highly recommend), then use our SKU# D94-02-SB-BORG steering box stabilizer brace (fits 4×4 trucks only).