New Single & Double Adjustable Rear Coil Over Kits for the 1964-1972 GM A-Body Chevelle, Malibu, GTO, etc.
The Spohn Performance rear coil over conversion kits for the for the 1964-1972 GM A-Body Chevelle, Malibu, GTO, etc.
These kits are based on the QA1 Proma Star 18 way single or double adjustable aluminum coil over shocks:
- Single Adjustable Version: 18 Positions of Adjustment – Simultaneous compression and rebound adjustment with 18 valving options. Unique to QA1, one knob changes both compression and rebound valving simultaneously, allowing total suspension control in one easy-to-reach location.
- Double Adjustable Version: 18 Positions of Double Adjustment – Includes 18 positions of compression adjustment on one knob, and 18 positions of rebound adjustments on the other knob. Each knob is clearly labeled with an “R” for rebound and a “C” for compression, as well as plus and minus symbols for ease of adjustment. These shocks give you 324 Valving Adjustments!
- Deflective Disc Valving: Advanced shock technology, increased sensitivity in valving response, control and consistency.
- Precision Machined Piston with PTFE Piston Band: Creates accurate piston to cylinder wall seal, improves valving consistency and increases durability.
- 5/8″ Centerless Ground, Hard Chrome Plated, Solid Piston Rod: Precision surface, eliminates piston rod flex increasing valving consistency.
- Forged, Machined Aluminum Body: Lighteweight, stronger than billet. Bright anodized for unmatched durability and great appearance.
- Three Step Sealing System: Advanced aerospace material, exclusive double lip seal design and wiper seal eliminate seal drag and dirt intrusion.
- 100% Dyno Tested and Serialized: Assures consistency in production and performance.
- Spring Mounting Hardware Included: Aluminum spring cap, spring seat, and locking ring included.
- Shock Mounting: Exclusive Teflon/Kevlar race bearings for smooth bind-free operation.
- Adjustment: Adjust your ride height as high or as low as you need.
The Spohn Performance rear coil over conversion kit for the 1964-1972 GM A-Body Chevelle, Malibu, GTO, etc. ships to you fully assembled (as pictured) and ready to install. The kit is an easy 100% bolt in installation!
The rear coil-over kits include everything needed, including:
- (2) Rear coil over shocks
- (2) 2.5″ i.d. coil over springs
- (2) CNC laser cut and formed steel lower mounting brackets
- Grade 8 mounting hardware
- Spanner wrench set
- Torrington thrust washers and bearings for spring seat
Spring Rates: For a soft stock like ride we recommend a 130# spring. For drag racing and street/strip applications we recommend a 150# spring. For road racing and handling performance we recommend a 170# or 200# spring. Other spring rates are available up to 350#, call to place orders with custom spring rates.