Standard Duty Adjustable Torque Arm - LSx Swap 4L60E Transmission - 1982-1992 GM F-Body: Camaro & Firebird
What is the difference between our Standard Duty crossmember mounted torque arms and our Pro-Series crossmember mounted torque arms? We knew you'd ask, click here for a comparison and explanation.
This Standard Duty crossmember mounted torque arm kit is for installing a 1998-2002 GM F-Body Camaro and Firebird 4L60E transmission into a Third Generation F-Body Camaro and Firebird (with LSx engine swap).
The kit includes the transmission crossmember required to install the 4L60E transmission, along with our crossmember mounted Standard Duty adjustable torque arm. For proper alignment this kit must be used in conjunction with our LSx swap motor mount adapter stands (click here). Our kit makes the 4L60E swap an easy bolt right in installation!
If you need bullet-proof strength, serious performance, improved handling, and pavement digging traction when you're at the dragstrip, AutoX, or road racing; then you need a Spohn Performance adjustable torque arm, here's what it'll do:
- Attaches to the rear axle and controls rear end torque during acceleration, transferring this energy into the tires, increasing straight line traction
- Reduces nose-dive during braking
- Eliminates wheelhop
- Increases sidebite during corner exit acceleration
- No fabrication, welding or drilling required - 100% bolt-in installation!
- Removes the torque arm pivot point from the transmission tail shaft to the supplied transmission crossmember
- Changes the instantaneous center and leverage point from stock
- Provides adjustable pinion angle
- Constructed of 1.25" o.d. x .120" wall DOM tubing
- TIG welded 4130N chrome moly threaded tube adapters
- Extreme-duty CNC laser cut 3/8" steel rear housing mounting bracket
- Heavy-duty fabricated steel transmission crossmember with integral torque arm mounting system
- Polyurethane bushing front mount version for minimal road noise. Integral grease fitting allows for lubrication of the polyurethane bushing
- Rod ended front mount version utilizes an extra high strength chrome moly spherical rod end with Teflon self lubricating race for those who demand no bushing deflection and the best in bind-free performance and strength
- Del-Sphere front mount version utilizes an extra high strength chrome moly Del-Sphere pivot joint for those who demand no bushing deflection and the best in street-friendly bind-free performance and strength
- Rear of torque arm mounts to the 3/8" steel rear housing mounting bracket via two 3/4"-16 NFT x 5/8" bore x 7/8" thick solid rod ends. All Grade 8 hardware is supplied.
- Integral 4140 chrome moly pinion angle adjuster between the bottom rear rod end and the bottom rear torque arm tube allows for easy pinion angle adjustment. A simple turn of the wrench will give you over 6 degrees of pinion angle adjustment, it's that simple.
- Unique rotating front torque arm mount (thrustator), this system allows the torque arm to travel fore/aft which is VERY necessary with a torque arm suspension system. Solidly mounting the front of the torque arm causes the suspension to bind and hurts your car's handling drastically. The front rotator tube has an integral grease fitting to allow for proper lubrication.
- This is a proven product being run on some of the fastest F-Bodies in the country!
- Rear mounting bracket is designed to fit on stock and/or aftermarket rear ends
- Available powder coated in your choice of the above colors for a brilliant and durable finish
We offer the option of getting your torque arm with front and rear driveshaft safety
loops: NHRA rules call for a front driveshaft safety loop to prevent catapulting of the vehicle in the event of a front u-joint
or driveshaft failure. While a rear u-joint or shaft failure will not catapult the vehicle, it will
take out anything in it's way, ie. rears, suspension components, brake lines, floor boards, etc. Protect yourself, and your investment, and play it safe
by containing the front and rear of the driveline.
Note: Do not get a rear driveshaft safety loop if your car is lowered.
4130N Upgrade: The ultimate in bullet-proof lightweight strength, 100% TIG welded chrome moly construction! Same as above but the torque arm is constructed entirely from 1.25" x .095" wall 4130N chrome moly tubing.