Spohn Performance | Support Center

What transmission mount bushing do I need to use with your 1982-1992 F-Body, Camaro, Firebird transmission crossmember?

If you’re using a stock type transmission mount bushing that has a male stud hanging out of it, you can not use this type of mount with some of our crossmembers. We recommend using a polyurethane transmission mount, or if you want to stay with rubber, get a transmission mount from a 1965 V-8 Chevelle (available at any local auto parts store), this mount has two female holes just like a polyurethane mount does.

If using a one bolt tranny mount place it through the center hole in the crossmember. If using a polyurethane mount, or an early GM type mount as mentioned above, use the outer two holes in the crossmember using the two 7/16" bolts that were supplied with your crossmember.

Bookmark and Share

Article Details

Last Updated
17th of June, 2010

Vehicle Application
1982-1992 GM F-Body

Would you like to...

Print this page Print this page

Email this page Email this page

Post a comment Post a comment

Subscribe me

Add to favorites Add to favorites

Remove Highlighting Remove Highlighting

Edit this Article

Quick Edit

Export to PDF

User Opinions (1 vote)

100% thumbs up 0% thumbs down

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.