Spohn Performance | Support Center

I'm ordering a Ford 9" rear end, do I need the fill and drain bungs installed? What are they?

Ford 9" rear ends have an option for a fill and/or drain bung to be installed on the housing. The Ford 9" center section has a bung on the driver's side of the center section that can be used to fill the rear end with oil. On certain applications like the 1982-2002 F-Body Camaro and Firebird this can be very difficult to access due to the torque arm mount. For any application there is no easy way to drain the fluid.

Having the fill and drain bungs welded on to the housing makes for hassle free filling and draining of fluids and we highly recommend going with this option.

Bookmark and Share

Article Details

Last Updated
16th of February, 2011

Vehicle Application
Other / Universal

Would you like to...

Print this page Print this page

Email this page Email this page

Post a comment Post a comment

Subscribe me

Add to favorites Add to favorites

Remove Highlighting Remove Highlighting

Edit this Article

Quick Edit

Export to PDF

User Opinions (1 vote)

100% thumbs up 0% thumbs down

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.