Extreme Duty Transmission Crossmember | Jeep JK Wrangler (2 Door) & Wrangler Unlimited (4 Door)
Replace your Jeep® JK Wrangler's flimsy factory transmission crossmember with the Mountain Goat Series™ extreme duty unit.
When you're crawling over rocks and get all 5,000+ pounds of your Jeep JK® Wrangler high centered on the transmission crossmember, it will severely dent, bend and twist the factory transmission crossmember. You only have 1/8" (top) and 14 gauge (bottom) thick sheet metal construction from the factory, and it's hollow. It doesn't take long to turn it into a pancake taco!
The Mountain Goat Series™ extreme duty transmission crossmember is CNC laser cut from 3/16" steel plate and precision formed on an 8 axis CNC press brake. It features a completely boxed design with internal gussets and 100% solid welded seams for the ultimate in strength, durability, fit and finish. All seam welds are sanded smooth for appearance, elimination of stress risers, easy fitment on the vehicle and a smooth surface for sliding.
Internally, we weld in four (4) CNC laser cut and formed 3/16" steel gussets to prevent any crushing or deformation at the crossmember to frame mounting bolt locations. We also weld in three (3) CNC laser cut 3/16" steel gusset plates across the inside of the center section of the crossmember. This total of seven (7) internal gussets combine to prevent any possible crossmember collapse or crushing. We feel our extreme duty transmission crossmember for the Jeep® JK Wrangler is the most rigid and durable on the market today.
The Mountain Goat Series™ extreme duty transmission crossmember is designed to fit on any Jeep® JK Wrangler with 3.6L or 3.8L gasoline engines and automatic or manual transmissions. It's compatible with skid plates that are designed to mount to the factory transmission crossmember. Our internally welded 3/8" thick CNC milled threaded steel backing plates offer an extremely strong anchored connection for all of your skid plates. We even include new Grade 8 skid plate mounting bolts and flat washers.
Finally, we protect our extreme duty transmission crossmember from the elements with a durable gloss black powder coated finish for excellent protection from
corrosion, rocks and debris.
Mountain Goat Series™ Extreme Duty Transmission Crossmember Specifications & Features:
- Fits on any Jeep® JK Wrangler with 3.6L or 3.8L gasoline engines and automatic or manual transmissions.
- Manufactured from CNC laser cut and formed 3/16" steel plate for superior durability.
- Completely boxed design with seven (7) internal gussets for extreme rigidity.
- All seams are 100% solid welded internally and externally and all external seam welds are sanded smooth.
- New Grade 8 skid plate mounting hardware is included.
- A brilliant and durable gloss black powder coated finish provides excellent protection from corrosion, rocks and debris.
- Easy 100% bolt on installation with the use of basic hand tools.
- Proudly hand crafted by skilled craftsman in PA - USA!
Mounting Hardware Option: Finish off your installation with brand new transmission crossmember to frame mounting hardware. Our SKU# JK-970 hardware kit provides you with new Grade 10.9 mounting bolts, Grade 8 flat washers and flanged top lock nuts.
Fitment Note: Not compatible with diesel engine equipped Jeep® JK Wranglers.