Extreme Duty High Steer Flipped Steering Drag Link | Jeep JK Wrangler (2 Door) & Wrangler Unlimited (4 Door) with 3.0"-6.0" Lift
The Mountain Goat Series™ extreme duty high steer flipped steering drag link is a necessary upgrade on any Jeep® JK Wrangler that is lifted 3.0" or more. It may also
be used as a direct bolt in replacement of the factory steering drag link if installed to the factory lower mounting location on the spindle.
If your Jeep® JK Wrangler is lifted 3.0" or more the steering geometry (angles) and the vehicle's roll center have been severely altered. This results in poor handling, wandering, bump-steer, and terrible steering accuracy. The easy way to correct this and restore accurate steering and precision handling is by flipping the drag link to the top of the spindle, this is called a "high steer" conversion. This restores the steering linkage angles close to where they were before your Jeep® was lifted.
When you flip your steering drag link to the top of the spindle you also need to raise the front track bar where it mounts to the front axle housing on the passenger's side so it runs on the same angle (parallel) as the steering drag link. This brings the roll center closer to its center of gravity which greatly reduces body roll. You never want to do one or the other, if you do one, you must do the other. Our SKU# JK-HSCK1 high steer correction kit includes this SKU# JK-HSDL-1375 extreme duty high steer flipped drag link and our SKU# JK-130front track bar relocation bracket all in one package.
The Mountain Goat Series™ extreme duty high steer drag link for the Jeep® JK Wrangler is built to withstand the beating of rocks and other trail debris. It's constructed of massive 1.375" x 0.281" wall seamless 1026 DOM tubing that is precision formed for a 100% direct bolt in installation with the use of basic hand tools.
Our extreme duty high steer drag link features direct CNC machined threads on both ends (no weld in bungs) for maximum strength and durability. It includes two (2) of our Full Metal Jacket™ metal-on-metal 1 ton tie rod ends that are built to take a serious beating. Our tie rod ends are greasable and feature complete metal-on-metal construction unlike the plastic lined and non-servicable factory tie rod ends. They also feature a black e-coated finish for a trick look and excellent corrosion protection. Since we use the exact same tie rod end on both ends (as well as both ends of our Part# JK-TR-1375 tie rod) you only need to carry one spare.
The integral 4140 chrome moly double adjuster features left hand and right hand threads providing for easy on-the-Jeep® adjustments. There's no need to unmount the drag link to make adjustments to center the steering wheel, simply loosen the cinch bolt and turn the adjuster to make the drag link longer or shorter, it's that simple. The cinch bolt set up keeps the adjuster locked extremely tight at all times.
Installation is an easy 100% bolt in operation with the use of basic hand tools. Our Full Metal Jacket™ 1 ton tie rod ends feature the same taper as the factory spindle and pitman arm. We even install a weld on hex that makes it easy to firmly hold the drag link with a wrench while you wrench on the jam nut or adjuster.
The drag link tube features a brilliant and durable gloss black powder coated finish and all hardware is silver zinc plated or black e-coated to provide excellent protection from corrosion, rocks and debris. All required hardware (Grade 10.9) is included.
Requirements if doing a high steer flip to the top of the spindle:
- Must be used with minimum 3" tall front bump stop extensions.
- Requires the use of 4.75" or less backspace front wheels or the use of wheel spacers on the factory front wheels.
- For optimum steering geometry, roll center geometry, and bump-steer prevention you must install a front track bar relocation bracket. If you do not already have a front track bar relocation bracket you can purchase our SKU# JK-HSCK1 high steer correction kit that includes this SKU# JK-HSDL-1375 extreme duty high steer flipped drag link and our SKU# JK-130 front track bar relocation bracket all in one package.
- You will need to ream or drill the passenger's side spindle mounting hole from the top. You can use a 7.15° (1.5"/ft.) tapered reamer such as our SKU# TR715-15 or you can drill the hole out with a 53/64" drill bit and then install our SKU# JK-HSSA1 tapered spindle adapter sleeve (included).
Mountain Goat Series™ Extreme Duty High Steer Drag Link Specifications & Features:
- Constructed of massive 1.375" x 0.281" wall seamless 1026 DOM tubing that will withstand the beating of rocks and other trail debris.
- Precision formed for a direct bolt in installation.
- Can be mounted to the factory spindle location or flipped (high steer) to the top of the spindle.
- Features direct CNC machined threads on both ends (no weld in bungs) for maximum strength and durability.
- Includes new Full Metal Jacket™ metal-on-metal greasable 1 ton tie rod ends.
- 4140 chrome moly double adjuster provides for easy on-the-Jeep® adjustments.
- Cinch bolt set up keeps the adjuster locked extremely tight at all times.
- Grade 10.9 cinch bolt hardware is included.
- Powder coated gloss black for optimum corrosion protection and a brilliant and durable finish.
- Easy 100% bolt on installation with the use of basic hand tools.
- Proudly hand crafted by skilled craftsman in PA - USA!
Note: If you'd like to carry a spare tie rod end you can order our SKU# TRE1T-875-18L, the same tie rod end is used on both ends of this drag link.