Rear Coil Over Kit - QA1 18 Way Single Adjustable Shocks - 1964-1977 GM A-Body: Chevelle, Malibu, GTO, etc.
Application: 1964-1977 GM A-Body: Chevelle, Malibu, GTO, etc.
The Spohn Performance rear coil over conversion kit for the 1964-1977 GM A-Body Chevelle, Malibu, GTO, etc.
This kit is based on the QA1 Proma Star 18 way single adjustable aluminum coil over shocks:
- 18 Positions of Adjustment: Simultaneous compression and rebound adjustment with 18 valving options. Unique to QA1, one knob changes both compression and rebound valving simultaneously, allowing total suspension control in one easy-to-reach location.
- Deflective Disc Valving: Advanced shock technology, increased sensitivity in valving response, control and consistency.
- Precision Machined Piston with PTFE Piston Band: Creates accurate piston to cylinder wall seal, improves valving consistency and increases durability.
- 5/8" Centerless Ground, Hard Chrome Plated, Solid Piston Rod: Precision surface, eliminates piston rod flex increasing valving consistency.
- Forged, Machined Aluminum Body: Lighteweight, stronger than billet. Bright anodized for unmatched durability and great appearance.
- Three Step Sealing System: Advanced aerospace material, exclusive double lip seal design and wiper seal eliminate seal drag and dirt intrusion.
- 100% Dyno Tested and Serialized: Assures consistency in production and performance.
- Spring Mounting Hardware Included: Aluminum spring cap, spring seat, and locking ring included.
- Top Shock Mounting: Polyurethane bushings with extreme duty CNC machined t-bars.
- Bottom Shock Mounting: Exclusive Teflon/Kevlar race bearings for smooth bind-free operation.
- Adjustment: Adjust your ride height as high or as low as you need.
The Spohn Performance rear coil over conversion kit for the 1964-1977 GM A-Body Chevelle, Malibu, GTO, etc. ships to you fully assembled (as pictured) and ready to
install. The kit is an easy 100% bolt in installation!
Kit includes everything needed, including:
- (2) Rear coil over shocks
- (2) 2.5" i.d. x 14" long coil over springs
- (2) CNC laser cut and formed steel lower mounting clevises
- Grade 8 mounting hardware
- Spanner wrench set
- Torrington thrust washers and bearings for spring seat
Spring Rates: For a soft stock like ride we recommend a 130# spring. For drag racing and street/strip applications we recommend a 150# spring. For handling performance we recommend a 175# spring. For road racing we recommend a 200# spring. Other spring rates are available up to 350#, call to place orders with custom spring rates.