Pro-Touring Adjustable Rear Sway Bar - 1978-1987 GM G-Body: Regal, Malibu, Monte Carlo, etc.
Our three way adjustable pro-touring rear sway bar is a quantum leap forward for the 1978-1987 GM G-Body cars.
The factory method of attaching the rear sway bar to the rear lower control arms is inexpensive to manufacture, but leaves a lot to be desired on a performance
The long suspension arms have a tremendous amount of leverage which drastically limits the effectiveness of the factory rear sway bar.
This is why you sometimes see HUGE rear sway bars for these cars. The other problem is that when the suspension articulates the bar causes it to bind up. The bigger
the bar the more it binds.
Our adjustable pro-touring rear sway bar uses end links mounted to the frame crossmember with TeflonÂ® lined spherical rod ends for bind-free articulation, we exclusively use extra heavy-duty 5/8" spherical rod ends with a TeflonÂ® self lubricating race.
This method allows for much higher rates with a much smaller (22mm) and lighter sway bar. You can easily adjust the sway bar to soft, medium, or firm settings in
minutes to tune oversteer or understeer, and you can use the firmest setting at the drag strip for flatter launches!
Our bar stock is 22mm (7/8") diameter heat treated solid 4140 chrome moly. The bar is entirely heat formed and coined as one piece.
We put our bar through this extensive process to ensure that the final product will be the strongest, most durable bar on the market, and that it will be the most resistant to form alteration.
Most aftermarket sway bars are cold bent mild steel making them weaker at the bends, and more vulnerable to shape alteration.
This rear sway bar will work with any factory or aftermarket rear axle housings (specify your axle tube diameter in the option box above), and will clear all aftermarket exhausts and suspension components.
It's available powder coated in your choice of the above colors for a brilliant and durable finish.
Specifications & Features:
- 22mm heat treated solid 4140 chrome moly sway bar.
- 15/16" x .156" wall 4140 chrome moly extreme duty end link adjusters.
- 5/8" chrome moly spherical rod ends with TeflonÂ® self lubricating race.
- CNC laser cut and formed 3/16" steel mounting saddles with grip-lock teeth (no welding onto the rear axle housing required).
- Heavy-duty 7/16" u-bolts.
- CNC laser cut and formed 1/4" steel upper end link mounts.
- Polyurethane bushings with grease fittings.
- Easy 100% bolt in installation with the use of basic hand tools.
- Powder coated in your choice of the above colors for a brilliant and durable finish.