Pro-Touring Adjustable Rear Sway Bar - 1978-1987 GM G-Body: Regal, Malibu, Monte Carlo, etc.
Application: 1978-1987 GM G-Body: Regal, Malibu, Monte Carlo, etc.
The Spohn three way adjustable pro-touring rear swaybar is a quantum leap forward for 1978-1987 GM G-Body cars. The factory method of attaching the swaybar to the lower control arms is inexpensive to manufacture but leaves a lot to be desired on a performance car. The long suspension arms have a tremendous amount of leverage which drastically limits the effectiveness of the bar. This is why you sometimes see HUGE rear bars for these cars. The other problem is that when the suspension articulates the bar causes it to bind up. The bigger the bar the more it binds. Our pro touring bar uses end links mounted to the frame crossmember with teflon lined spherical rod ends for bind-free articulation, we exclusively use extra heavy-duty 5/8" spherical rod ends with TeflonÃ¯Â¿Â½ self lubricating race.This method also allows much higher rates with a much smaller (22mm) and lighter swaybar. Easily adjust the bar to soft, medium or firm settings in minutes to tune oversteer/understeer. Use the firm setting at the drag strip for flatter launches!
Our bar stock is 22mm (7/8") solid 4140 heat treated spring grade chrome moly steel. The bar is entirely heat formed and coined as one piece. We put our bar through this extensive process to insure that the final product will be the strongest, most durable bar on the market, and that it will be the most resistant to form alteration. Most aftermarket anti-roll bars are cold bent mild steel making them weaker at the bends, and more vulnerable to shape alteration. Sway bar will work with any stock or aftermarket rear end housing and will clear all aftermarket exhausts and suspension components.
Entire kit is a 100% bolt-in installation!!
- 22mm solid heat treated spring grade 4140 chrome moly sway bar
- 15/16" x .156" wall 4140 chrome moly extreme duty end link adjusters
- 5/8" chrome moly spherical rod ends with TeflonÃ¯Â¿Â½ self lubricating race
- 3/16" CNC laser cut and formed mounting saddles with grip-lock teeth (no welding onto the rear required).
- Heavy-duty 7/16" u-bolts
- 1/4" thick laser cut and CNC formed steel upper end link mounts
- Prothane polyurethane bushings and silicone grease
- Powder coated in your choice of the above colors
Specify your axle tube diameter and color choice.