Extreme-Duty Driveshaft - Stock Transmission & Rear End - 1982-2002 GM F-Body: Camaro & Firebird
Application: 1982-2002 GM F-Body: Camaro & Firebird
This Extreme-Duty driveshaft is for the 1982-2002 F-Body Camaro and Firebird with a factory rear end and running a 700R4, 4L60E, T-5, or T-56 OEM transmission.
Have you increased your horsepower? Running a power adder? Done some mods to provide a neck-snapping launch?
Don't over look the weak link in your drivetrain...the driveshaft. Everyone knows the stock rear doesn't hold up to much, the driveshaft won't either. When a driveshaft goes it will take expensive parts with it! Don't gamble with your safety, replace the weak link in your drivetrain with one of our "Extreme-Duty" driveshaft assemblies.
For neck snapping launch performance, stay away from an aluminum driveshaft. While the lighter weight may give you a few more horses, the lack of durability isn't worth the gamble. Our shaft is designed to hold up to very high horsepower abuse, yet remains vibration-free at high speeds, you get the best of both worlds.
We precision electronically balance each unit fully assembled. This allows balancing of the shaft just as it will be spinning in your car.
- Constructed of 3" o.d. x .083" wall DOM 4130 chrome moly tubing
- Extreme Duty Spicer 1350 weld yokes, properly phased and installed in specially built fixtures (total indicated run-out of less than .008")
- Extreme Duty Spicer self lubricating u-joints
- Extreme-Duty Spicer 1350 series transmission slip yoke
- Meticulously welded for maximum strength
- Fully assembled and then precision electronically balanced
- Ships fully assembled - ready to install
Option: Now available with Extreme-Duty Spicer transmission slip yoke or with Strange Engineering 17-4 heat treated stainless steel transmission slip yoke for the ultimate in strength!