Pro-Touring Adjustable Front Coil Over System - 1982-1992 GM F-Body: Camaro & Firebird
Application: 1982-1992 GM F-Body: Camaro & Firebird
Spohn Performance's Pro Touring adjustable front coil over kit for the 1982-1992 GM F-Body Camaro & Firebird sets a new, higher standard of performance and quality. When we designed our coil over system, we had two goals in mind.
One was to provide the performance capabilities needed for the toughest race tracks, the second was to provide the strength and durability required for the demands of a daily driven vehicle. We're proud to say that we have accomplished both.
If you are looking for the best front coil over suspension system for the third generation F-Body, you just found it!
Once thought of as a race only item, coil-over suspensions are now considered the hot set-up for any highly tuned street car. The combination of incredible handling with great ride quality is what one expects from a world class car.
With a Spohn "Pro-Tour" coil-over conversion kit you will have the no-compromise handling you demand without paying a penalty in comfort. Allows lowering of vehicle over 2" yet still maintains ample strut travel!
Warning! All coil-over kits are not created equal. Compare the features of our kit with any other manufacturer's kit and you'll quickly see the differences. Careful attention to detail by our design team is why the Spohn coil over kit avoids the design pitfalls of others. You can always depend on Spohn Performance to provide you with the best parts for your F-Body!
Other coil over kits on the market use a top spring hat mounted against the stock upper strut mount. This places the entire weight of the front of the car on to the stock strut mount.
With street driving and vehicle loads, these systems cause the stock strut mounts to distort, bend, and fatigue, ending in parts failure. The Spohn "Pro-Tour" front coil over system includes our fabricated spherical upper strut mounts combined with a lower reinforcement plate that totally sandwiches and reinforces the entire strut tower.
Fabricated Steel Spherical Upper Strut Mount Specifications:
- CNC laser cut 1/4" steel base plate
- 4" DOM steel tubing
- CNC laser cut 3/16" steel top hat
- CNC machined bearing mount tube - TIG welded
- Chrome moly spherical bearing with a Teflonï¿½ self lubricating race
- Underside of strut mount includes the coil over spring mount
- Powder coated gloss black for a brilliant and durable finish
Coil Over System Specifications:
- CNC laser cut 1/4" steel reinforcement plate fits in the entire recessed area of the underside of the strut tower
- CNC laser cut 3/16" strut mount retainer with Grade 10.9 mounting bolts and stainless steel nuts
- CNC machined 6061 T-6 aluminum threaded coil over strut sleeves (clear hard anodized). Custom designed and built by Spohn Performance. Specifically designed for use on the thirdgen front strut. Proper wall thickness is maintained to support the load they are carrying.
- CNC machined 6061 T-6 tempered aluminum adjustable bottom spring seat (clear hard anodized) allows for ride height adjustment. Custom designed and built by Spohn Performance for use on our threaded strut sleeves. Includes nylon tipped (no-mar) set screws. Allows lowering of vehicle over 2" yet still maintains ample strut travel!
- 2.5" Torrington thrust washers and bearings on the bottom AND the top of the spring, provides for no spring bind and allows for easy on car ride height adjustments (spanner wrench included).
- 2.5" i.d. x 12" long coil over springs, available in a variety of spring rates
Spring Rate Recommendations:
325# - 350#
Higher spring rates are available, up to 600#. Call to place orders with custom spring rates.
Note: This kit will work with any struts except Bilstein & QA1