Fabricated Spherical Upper Strut Mounts - 1982-1992 GM F-Body: Camaro & Firebird
Application: 1982-1992 GM F-Body: Camaro & Firebird
These fabricated front upper strut mounts for the 1982-1992 GM F-Body Camaro and Firebird feature a chrome moly spherical bearing with a Teflon® self lubricating
We have built an extra 1/4" of negative camber adjustment into these mounts. The mounts feature CNC machined components and are precision welded. We even include new flanged mounting nuts and flat washers!
These mounts are 1.0" taller than factory to provide extra strut travel for lowered and non-lowered cars. They're a must for those looking to do some serious corner carving, and you can't beat the trick look they provide to your engine bay!
Specifications & Features:
- CNC laser cut 1/4" steel base plate.
- 4.0" DOM steel tubing.
- CNC laser cut 3/16" steel top hat plate.
- CNC machined bearing mount tube, 100% TIG welded.
- Chrome moly spherical bearing with a Teflon® self lubricating race.
- Underside of strut mount includes a 2.5" i.d. coil over spring mount as a standard feature.
- Powder coated gloss black for a brilliant and durable finish.
Note: GM used two different mounting bolt patterns on the strut mount retainers. 1982-1986 cars have one type, 1987-1992 cars have another type. Our strut mounts are machined to the 1987-1992 style mounting pattern. If you will be installing these strut mounts on a 1982-1986 car, you will need to get strut mount retainers from a 1987-1992 car, or you can order them from us in the option box above (see the last picture above). Our strut mount retainers are CNC laser cut from 3/16" steel and have new (longer than stock) mounting bolts.
Priced per pair -- Qty. 1 = 1 Pair