Rear Sway Bar Installation Kit for Aftermarket Rear Ends - 1982-2002 GM F-Body: Camaro & Firebird
Application: 1982-2002 GM F-Body: Camaro & Firebird
So you got yourself a beefy aftermarket Moser, Strange, Currie, etc. rear end for your 1982-2002 GM F-Body Camaro or Firebird and when you went to re-install your rear
sway bar you realized you had a problem, it doesn't fit! We have the solution.
Aftermarket rear ends dish out a few problems that need to be dealt with in order to install the rear sway bar. The first problem is they use a larger o.d. axle tube compared to the factory rear end, thus the stock u-bolts and saddles won't work.
The second is that the torque arm mounting pad hangs much lower than on the factory rear, and the sway bar hits it, preventing installation onto the axle tubes.
What our kit provides:
- Proper diameter and longer length heavy-duty 7/16" u-bolts and hardware.
- CNC laser cut and formed 3/16" steel u-bolt saddles with laser cut teeth to securely grip the axle tubes.
- Proper length polyurethane sway bar end links.
What our kit does is space the rear sway bar below the torque arm mounting pad and the larger center section. It includes the proper diameter u-bolts and saddles, and their heavy duty construction matches the abuse they will take on your new heavy-duty rear.
The supplied longer length polyurethane end links provide for proper geometry to be maintained at the rear sway bar's new lowered mounting location.
Due to the larger diameter u-bolts required for the sway bar installation, your stock sway bar bushings can not be used. You will need to use polyurethane bushings that have the large, slotted, universal mounting holes.
If you do not already have polyurethane sway bar bushings, you can add them right on to your order using the option box above.
The kit is available powder coated in your choice of the above colors for a brilliant and durable finish. It's an easy 100% bolt-in installation with the use of basic hand tools, no welding is required.
Selecting the proper kit:
- Strange Engineering and Currie Enterprises rear ends use 3.00" diameter axle tubes.
- Moser Engineering 12 Bolt rear ends use 3.00" diameter axle tubes.
- Moser Engineering Ford 9" rear ends manufactured after early 2002 use a 3.00" diameter axle tube.
- Moser Engineering Ford 9" rear ends manufactured prior to early 2002 use a 3.25" diameter axle tube. Factory and other brand Ford 9" rear ends vary, you should check your axle tube diameter before ordering.
Fitment Notes: This kit fits 2.50"-3.25" diameter axle tubes. Specify your axle tube diameter and rear end type in the option boxes above.