Tubular Adjustable Torque Arm - Transmission Mounted - 1982-2002 GM F-Body: Camaro & Firebird
Application: 1982-2002 GM F-Body: Camaro & Firebird
Replace the flimsy factory torque arm on your 1982-2002 F-Body Camaro and Firebird with a durable Spohn tubular version and put the power where it belongs - the pavement!
Our transmission mounted adjustable torque arm is built from 1.25" x .120" wall DOM tubing with a heavy-duty 3/8" thick rear mounting bracket. It bolts directly in place of the factory torque arm using all factory mounting locations and requires no welding or drilling.
It's equipped with an adjuster for changing pinion angle and a new, low deflection polyurethane front bushing.
If you want serious performance, handling, and traction when you're at the dragstrip, AutoX, or road racing; then you need a Spohn Performance fully adjustable torque arm, here's what it'll do:
- Attaches to the rear axle and controls rear end torque during acceleration, transferring this energy into the tires, increasing straight line traction
- Reduces nose-dive during braking
- Eliminates wheelhop
- Increases sidebite during corner exit acceleration
- Bolt-on system does not require complete interior removal as with other kits
- Provides adjustable pinion angle
- Constructed of 1.25" o.d. x .120" wall DOM tubing
- Front "stub" of torque arm is reinforced by TIG welding a piece of 1" solid 4140 chrome moly into the i.d. of the front snub. This is the strongest transmission mounted torque arm on the market = bullet-proof!
- TIG welded 4130N chrome moly threaded tube adapters
- Heavy-duty CNC laser cut 3/8" steel rear housing mounting bracket
- Polyurethane bushing front mount for minimal road noise
- Rear of the torque arm mounts to the 3/8" steel rear housing mounting bracket via two 3/4"-16 NFT x 5/8" bore x 7/8" thick solid steel rod ends. These are solid rod ends, not spherical bearing rod ends, so noise is of no concern. Grade 8 - 5/8" bolts and 5/8" nylock nuts are used.
- Integral 4140 chrome moly pinion angle adjuster between the bottom rear solid rod end and the bottom rear torque arm tube allows for easy pinion angle adjustment. A simple turn of the wrench will give you 6 degrees of pinion angle adjustment, it's that simple.
- Entire package is a complete bolt-in assembly using existing mounting points on the vehicle. No drilling or welding is required!
- This is a proven product being run on some of the fastest F-Bodies in the country!
- Rear mounting bracket is designed to fit on OEM and/or aftermarket rear ends
- Available powder coated in your choice of the above colors for a brilliant and durable finish
Fitment Note: 1982-1992 cars require the use of a factory torque arm bushing clamshell mount designed for bushing type 7-1609. If your vehicle is equipped with a 7-1611 type bushing, you will need to get the 7-1609 type clamshell (see second image above). This does not apply to 1993-2002 cars.
4130N Upgrade: The ultimate in bullet-proof lightweight strength, 100% TIG welded
chrome moly construction! Same as above, but torque arm is constructed entirely from 1.25" x .095" 4130N chrome moly tubing.