Rear Coil Over Kit - QA1 18 Way Single Adjustable Shocks - 1982-2002 GM F-Body: Camaro & Firebird
Application: 1982-2002 GM F-Body: Camaro & Firebird
The Spohn Performance rear coil over conversion kit for the 1982-2002 GM F-Body Camaro & Firebird!
This kit is based on the QA1 Proma Star 18 way single adjustable aluminum coil over shocks:
- 18 Positions of Adjustment: Simultaneous compression and rebound adjustment with 18 valving options. Unique to QA1, one knob changes both compression and rebound valving simultaneously, allowing total suspension control in one easy-to-reach location.
- Deflective Disc Valving: Advanced shock technology, increased sensitivity in valving response, control and consistency.
- Precision Machined Piston with PTFE Piston Band: Creates accurate piston to cylinder wall seal, improves valving consistency and increases durability.
- 5/8" Centerless Ground, Hard Chrome Plated, Solid Piston Rod: Precision surface, eliminates piston rod flex increasing valving consistency.
- Forged, Machined Aluminum Body: Lighteweight, stronger than billet. Bright anodized for unmatched durability and great appearance.
- Three Step Sealing System: Advanced aerospace material, exclusive double lip seal design and wiper seal eliminate seal drag and dirt intrusion.
- 100% Dyno Tested and Serialized: Assures consistency in production and performance.
- Spring Mounting Hardware Included: Aluminum spring cap, spring seat, and locking ring included.
- Shock Mounting: Exclusive Teflon/Kevlar race bearings for smooth bind-free operation.
- Adjustment: Adjust your ride height as high or as low as you need.
The Spohn Performance rear coil over conversion kit for the 1982-2002 GM F-Body Camaro & Firebird ships to you fully assembled (as pictured) and ready to install. All you need to do is install (welding required) the top reinforcement plate and then bolt the assembly in to place, it's that simple!
Kit includes everything needed, including:
- (2) Coil Over Shocks
- (2) 2.5" i.d. Coil Over Springs
- (2) CNC Cut 1/4" Top Reinforcement Plates
- (4) Mounting Clevises
- Grade 8 Mounting Hardware
- Spanner Wrench Set
- Torrington Thrust Washers and Bearings for Spring Seat
Remove your stock shock and coil spring. Our reinforcement plate lays in to the entire area of the top stock spring pocket, MIG weld in to place. Bolt the coil over assembly to the stock mount on the rear housing and through the top reinforcement plate and in to the OEM mounting hole through the floor, you're done!
Spring Rates: For drag racing and street/strip applications we recommend a 150# spring. For
road racing/handling, 170# - 200# or a variable rate. Other spring rates are available up to 600#, call to place orders with custom spring rates.