Tubular Adjustable Torque Arm - Long Tube Headers & Y-Pipe - 1993-2002 GM F-Body: Camaro & Firebird
Application: 1993-2002 GM F-Body: Camaro & Firebird
What is the difference between our Standard Duty crossmember mounted torque arms and our
Pro-Series crossmember mounted torque arms? We knew you'd ask, click here for a comparison and explanation.
This Standard Duty crossmember mounted adjustable torque arm provides a tunnel brace that is designed to clear long tube headers and y-pipe set-ups on the 1993-2002 F-Body Camaro and Firebird.
If you want serious performance, handling, and traction when you're at the dragstrip, AutoX, or road racing; then you need a Spohn Performance fully adjustable torque arm, here's what it'll do:
- Attaches to the rear axle and controls rear end torque during acceleration, transferring this energy into the tires, increasing straight line traction
- Reduces nose-dive during braking
- Eliminates wheelhop
- Increases sidebite during corner exit acceleration
- No fabrication, welding or drilling required - 100% bolt-in installation!
- Removes the torque arm pivot point from the rear of the transmission to the supplied crossmember
- Changes the instantaneous center and leverage point from stock
- Provides adjustable pinion angle
- Constructed of 1.25" o.d. x .120" wall DOM tubing
- TIG welded 4130N chrome moly threaded tube adapters
- Heavy-duty CNC laser cut 3/8" steel rear housing mounting bracket
- Heavy-duty dual 1.25" x .120" wall DOM tubular crossmember with integral torque arm rotator mounting system. Our rotating front torque arm mount (thrustator) allows the torque arm to travel fore/aft which is VERY necessary with a torque arm suspension system. Solidly mounting the front of the torque arm causes the suspension to bind and hurts your car's handling drastically. The front rotator tube has an integral grease fitting to allow for proper lubrication.
- Polyurethane bushing front mount version for minimal road noise. Integral grease fitting allows for lubrication of the polyurethane bushing
- Rod ended front mount version utilizes an extra high strength chrome moly spherical rod end with Teflon self lubricating race for those who demand no bushing deflection and the best in bind-free performance and strength
- Del-Sphere front mount version utilizes an extra high strength chrome moly Del-Sphere pivot joint for those who demand no bushing deflection and the best in street-friendly bind-free performance and strength
- Rear of torque arm mounts to the 3/8" steel rear housing mounting bracket via two 3/4"-16 NFT x 5/8" bore x 7/8" thick solid steel rod ends. These are solid rod ends, not spherical bearing rod ends, so noise is of no concern. Grade 8 - 5/8" bolts and 5/8" nylock nuts are supplied.
- Integral 4140 chrome moly pinion angle adjuster between the bottom rear solid rod end and the bottom rear torque arm tube allows for easy pinion angle adjustment. A simple turn of the wrench will give you 6 degrees of pinion angle adjustment, it's that simple.
- This is a proven product being run on some of the fastest F-Bodies in the country!
- Rear mounting bracket is designed to fit on stock and/or aftermarket rear ends
Available powder coated in your choice of the above colors for a brilliant and durable
We offer the option of getting your torque arm
with a front and rear driveshaft safety loop. NHRA rules call for a front driveshaft safety loop to prevent catapulting of the vehicle
in the event of a front u-joint or shaft failure. While a rear u-joint or shaft failure will not catapult the vehicle, it will take out anything in it's way, ie.
rears, suspension components, brake lines, floor boards, etc. Protect yourself, and your investments, and play it safe by containing the front and the rear of the
Note: Do not get a rear driveshaft safety loop if your car is lowered, or if you have an SLP "Loud-Mouth" cat-back exhaust system.
4130N Upgrade: The ultimate in bullet-proof lightweight strength, 100% TIG welded chrome moly construction! Same as above, but torque arm is constructed entirely from 1.25" x .095" 4130N chrome moly tubing.