Standard Duty Adjustable Crossmember Mounted Torque Arm - Arm & Thrustator Rotator Only - 1993-2002 GM F-Body: Camaro & Firebird
Application: 1993-2002 GM F-Body: Camaro & Firebird
What is the difference between our Standard Duty crossmember mounted torque arms and our Pro-Series crossmember mounted torque arms? We knew you'd ask, click here for a comparison and explanation.
This standard series torque arm is for 1993-2002 GM F-Body Camaro and Firebird custom applications where you will be installing your own torque arm mount front cross bar. Torque arm comes with the front thrustator assembly to weld on to your front mounting crossmember.
If you want serious performance, handling, and traction when you're at the dragstrip, AutoX, or road racing; then you need a Spohn Performance fully adjustable torque arm, here's what it'll do:
- Attaches to the rear axle and controls rear end torque during acceleration, transferring this energy into the tires, increasing straight line traction
- Reduces nose-dive during braking
- Eliminates wheelhop
- Increases sidebite during corner exit acceleration
- Removes the torque arm pivot point from the rear of the transmission to your crossmember
- Changes the instantaneous center and leverage point from stock
- Provides adjustable pinion angle
- Constructed of 1.25" o.d. x .120" wall DOM tubing
- TIG welded 4130N chrome moly threaded tube adapters
- Heavy-duty 3/8" thick laser cut steel rear housing mounting bracket
- Polyurethane bushing front mount version for minimal road noise. Integral grease fitting allows for lubrication of the fluted polyurethane bushing
- Rod ended front mount version utilizes an extra high strength chrome moly spherical rod end with Teflon self lubricating race for those who demand the best in bind-free performance and strength
- Del-Sphere front mount version utilizes an extra high strength chrome moly Del-Sphere pivot joint for those who demand no bushing deflection and the best in street-friendly bind-free performance and strength
- Rear of torque arm mounts to the 3/8" thick steel rear housing mounting plates via two 3/4"-16 NFT x 5/8" bore x 7/8" thick solid steel rod ends.
- Integral 4140 chrome moly pinion angle adjuster between the bottom rear solid rod end and the bottom rear torque arm tube allows for easy pinion angle adjustment. A simple turn of the wrench will give you over 6 degrees of pinion angle adjustment, it's that simple.
- Unique rotating front torque arm mount (thrustator), this system allows the torque arm to travel fore/aft which is VERY necessary with a torque arm suspension system. Solidly mounting the front of the torque arm causes the suspension to bind and hurts your car's handling drastically. The front rotator housing has an integral grease fitting to allow for proper lubrication.
- Available powder coated in your choice of the above colors
- This is a proven product being run on some of the fastest F-Bodies in the country!
- Rear mounting bracket is designed to fit on the OEM and/or aftermarket rear ends
4130N Upgrade: The ultimate in bullet-proof lightweight strength, 100% TIG welded chrome
moly construction! Same as above, but torque arm is constructed entirely from 1.25" x .095" 4130N chrome moly tubing.