Custom Built Adjustable Tubular Torque Arm
This custom built crossmember mounted adjustable torque arm will be built to your length specification. This torque arm is for custom 1982-2002 GM F-Body set-ups or for other vehicles doing a torque arm style suspension conversion. In order to use this torque arm you must use a 1982-2002 GM F-Body style rear housing with the torque arm mount (click here). Torque arm comes complete with everything needed minus the front mounting crossmember. You build the front crossmember in to your vehicle, then looking at the schematic shown on this page measure the distance from the center of the rear mounting hole to the center of the front crossmember (or the location you plan to weld on the front rotator mount). You will weld the bottom rotator mount (supplied) on to your front crossmember.
If you want serious performance, handling, and traction when you're at the dragstrip, AutoX, or road racing; then you need a Spohn Performance fully adjustable torque arm, here's what it'll do:
- Attaches to the rear axle and controls rear end torque during acceleration, transferring this energy into the tires, increasing straight line traction
- Reduces nose-dive during braking
- Eliminates wheelhop
- Increases sidebite during corner exit acceleration
- Removes the torque arm pivot point from the rear of the transmission to a crossmember
- Changes the instantaneous center and leverage point from stock
- Provides adjustable pinion angle
- Constructed of 1.25" o.d. x .120" wall DOM tubing
- TIG welded 4130N chrome moly threaded tube adapters
- Heavy-duty 3/8" thick CNC laser cut steel rear housing mounting plates
- Unique rotating front torque arm mount (thrustator), this system allows the torque arm to travel fore/aft which is VERY necessary with a torque arm suspension system. Solidly mounting the front of the torque arm causes the suspension to bind and hurts your car's handling drastically. The front rotator tube has an integral grease fitting to allow for proper lubrication.
- Polyurethane bushing front mount version for minimal road noise, Grade 8 hardware is supplied. Integral grease fitting allows for lubrication of the polyurethane bushing
- Rod ended front mount version utilizes an extra high strength chrome moly spherical rod end with Teflon� self lubricating race for those who demand the best in bind-free performance and strength.
- Del-Sphere front mount version utilizes an extra high strength chrome moly Del-Sphere pivot joint for those who demand no bushing deflection and the best in street-friendly bind-free performance and strength
- Rear of torque arm mounts to the 3/8" thick steel rear housing mounting plates via two 3/4"-16 NFT x 5/8" bore x 7/8" thick solid steel rod ends. These are solid rod ends, not spherical bearing rod ends, so noise is of no concern. Grade 8 - 5/8" bolts and 5/8" nylock nuts are supplied.
- Integral Pinion Angle Adjuster between the bottom rear solid rod end and the bottom rear torque arm tube allows for easy pinion angle adjustment. A simple turn of the wrench will give you 6 degrees of pinion angle adjustment, it's that simple.
- This is a proven product being run on some of the fastest torque arm vehicles in the country!
- Rear mounting bracket is designed to fit on 82-02 F-Body OEM or aftermarket rear ends
Available powder coated in your choice of the above colors.
4130N Upgrade: The ultimate in bullet-proof lightweight strength, 100% TIG welded chrome moly construction! Same as above, but torque arm is constructed entirely from 1.25" x .095" 4130N chrome moly tubing.
- Enter the rear bolt hole to front mount length (see schematic)
- Choose poly bushed, spherical rod ended or Del-Sphere front mount
- Choose mild steel DOM or 4130N Chrome Moly tubing
- Choose your powder coat color
Schematic: Click on the small drawing above to view full size schematic