Pro-Series Adjustable Crossmember Mounted Torque Arm - Arm Only - 1993-2002 GM F-Body: Camaro & Firebird
Application: 1993-2002 GM F-Body: Camaro & Firebird
See the video tour on the bottom of this page.
What is the difference between our Standard Duty crossmember mounted torque arms and our Pro-Series crossmember mounted torque arms? We knew you'd ask, click here for a comparison and explanation.This torque arm is for a 1993-2002 GM F-Body Camaro and Firebird that already has one of our crossmembers with a torque arm mount. Pro-Series torque arm comes complete with everything needed minus the front crossmember. Spohn Pro-Series torque arms are the strongest and hardest hooking torque arms on the market. If you have a standard Spohn torque arm and want to upgrade to the Pro-Series torque arm then this kit is what you need.
If you want serious performance, handling, and traction when you're at the dragstrip, AutoX, or road racing; then you need a Spohn Performance fully adjustable torque arm, here's what it'll do:
- Attaches to the rear axle and controls rear end torque during acceleration, transferring this energy into the tires, increasing straight line traction
- Reduces nose-dive during braking
- Eliminates wheelhop
- Increases sidebite during corner exit acceleration
- Entire package is a complete bolt-in assembly using existing mounting points on the vehicle. No drilling or welding is required!
- Removes the torque arm pivot point from the rear of the transmission to the Spohn crossmember
- Changes the instantaneous center and leverage point from stock
- Provides adjustable pinion angle
- Constructed of TIG welded 1.50" o.d. x .120" wall (main beams) and 1.25" x .095" wall (bracing) 4130N chrome moly tubing
- TIG welded 4130N chrome moly threaded tube adapters (with dual plug welds)
- Extreme-duty CNC laser cut 3/8" thick steel rear housing mounting bracket with wide spread
- Polyurethane bushing front mount version for minimal road noise. Integral grease fitting allows for lubrication of the polyurethane bushing
- Rod ended front mount version utilizes an extra high strength chrome moly spherical rod end with Teflon� self lubricating race for those who demand no bushing deflection and the best in bind-free performance and strength
- Del-Sphere front mount version utilizes an extra high strength chrome moly Del-Sphere pivot joint for those who demand no bushing deflection and the best in street-friendly bind-free performance and strength
- Rear of torque arm mounts to the 3/8" thick steel rear housing mount via two 1"-12 NFT x 1" bore x 1 3/8" thick chrome moly spherical rod ends with Teflon� self lubricating race. Grade 8, 1" bolts and 1" nylock nuts are supplied.
- Integral 1"-12 threaded 4140 chrome moly pinion angle adjuster between the bottom rear rod end and the bottom rear torque arm tube allows for easy pinion angle adjustment. A simple turn of the wrench will give you over 6 degrees of pinion angle adjustment, it's that simple.
- This is a proven product being run on some of the fastest F-Bodies in the country!
- Rear mounting bracket is designed to fit on OEM or aftermarket rear ends
- Available powder coated in your choice of the above colors