Tubular Front Lower A-Arms - 1978-1987 GM G-Body: Regal, Malibu, Monte Carlo, etc.
In May of 2014 we released these RRx Series™ tubular front lower a-arms for the 1978-1987 GM G-Body that set a higher standard of performance and quality. They are
truely the new standard of comparison.
All of our RRx Series™ tubular a-arms are designed using aerospace level technology and design tools. First we create a 3D scan of the factory a-arm using a FARO® ScanArm™ with a 3D laser scanning attachment. Then we use that 3D model of the factory a-arm as our foundation for creating a tubular version inside of our Solidworks® 3D design software.
After we're done designing the a-arm in Solidworks®, we then use that 3D data to design the jig that we will use to build the a-arms. The jig parts are then CNC laser cut and formed on an 8 axis CNC press brake. The final result is dimensional accuracy to within .005"!
When we designed our RRx Series™ tubular front lower control arms, we had two goals in mind. One was to provide the performance capabilities needed for the toughest race tracks, the second was to provide the strength and durability required for the demands of a daily driven vehicle.
We're proud to say that we have accomplished both. If you're looking for the strongest, most rigid, and best performing front lower a-arms for the GM G-Body cars, you just found them!
Our RRx Series™ front control arms are a true "A" arm rather than a "V" arm. This increases the arm's rigidity and equalizes the forces delivered in to the frame. These a-arms are completely gusseted to provide for maximum rigidity and durability, as well as zero flex.
The CNC machined coil spring mounting tube is completely surrounded and tied in with CNC laser cut 3/16" steel gussets that are solid MIG welded. We also 100% TIG weld on CNC laser cut and formed 3/16" steel bushing tube gussets for maximum strength and durability.
These a-arms are equipped with a CNC machined coil spring mounting tube for installation of factory or factory style (lowering) springs. The coil spring mounting base has a spring ramp that provides for proper clocking and seating of the coil spring around it's circumference. This allows the spring to spread it's load across the entire spring seat, not at one small area as other designs on the market do. Note: We do not alter the ride height.
Another feature of our RRx Series™ tubular front lower a-arms that is missing from most of our competitor's products is a coil spring retention tube. We weld a short piece of 4" o.d. tube to the base of our coil spring mount for the coil spring to slide over. This locks the coil spring in place and keeps it perfectly centered inside of the a-arm.
The front shock's lower t-bar mounts to our a-arm base just like it does on the factory a-arm. What that means is you can run any front shock or front coil over system. If it mounts to the factory a-arm, it will mount the same to our a-arm. That provides you with the flexibility to run factory style coil springs or lowering springs, factory or aftermarket front shocks, and aftermarket front coil over kits, all on the same a-arm.
These a-arms come equipped with steering stops welded in place that maintain the factory steering radius as well as polyurethane bump stops that maintain the same suspension travel as the factory a-arms.
Finally, we include new spherical front sway bar end links. Our front sway bar end links connect to the a-arm with a self-lubricating Teflon® lined chrome moly spherical joint that provides a bind-free connection for maximum handling performance. The top of the end link connects to the front sway bar with low deflection polyurethane bushings.
Build Specifications & Features:
- 1.50" x .120" wall DOM tubing.
- Ball joint cups are CNC machined from 2.75" x .375" wall DOM tubing.
- CNC machined tubular coil spring mount with a coil spring ramp on the base.
- CNC laser cut 3/16" steel spring mount gussets that are solid MIG welded.
- Precision greaseable ball joints (installed) with heavy duty Neoprene boots.
- Fluted polyurethane bushings with grease fittings (Delrin® bushings are optional).
- 100% TIG welded CNC laser cut and formed 3/16" steel bushing tube gussets.
- Includes bind-free spherical front sway bar end links with Teflon® self-lubricating race and polyurethane bushings for the upper connection.
- Heavy-duty steering stops are installed to maintain the factory steering radius.
- Includes polyurethane bump stops that maintain the factory suspension travel.
- Ship fully assembled and ready to install.
- Can be used with factory style coil springs or lowering springs or aftermarket coil over systems.
- Available powder coated in your choice of the above colors for a brilliant and durable finish.
Delrin® Bushings Option: These a-arms are available with CNC machined Delrin® bushings. For the serious Road Race or AutoX car that demands a zero deflection bushing. They are a bit harsher on the street (NVH).
Priced per Pair -- Qty. 1 = 1 Pair