Standard Duty Adjustable Crossmember Mounted Torque Arm - Arm Only - 1982-1992 GM F-Body: Camaro & Firebird
Application: 1982-1992 GM F-Body: Camaro & Firebird
What is the difference between our Standard Duty crossmember mounted torque arms and our Pro-Series crossmember mounted torque arms? We knew you'd ask, click here for a comparison and explanation.
This standard series torque arm is for a 1982-1992 GM F-Body Camaro and Firebird that already has one of our transmission crossmembers with a torque arm mount. Torque arm comes complete with everything needed minus the transmission crossmember.
If you want serious performance, handling, and traction when you're at the dragstrip, AutoX, or road racing; then you need a Spohn Performance fully adjustable torque arm, here's what it'll do:
- Attaches to the rear axle and controls rear end torque during acceleration, transferring this energy into the tires, increasing straight line traction
- Reduces nose-dive during braking
- Eliminates wheelhop
- Increases sidebite during corner exit acceleration
- Entire package is a complete bolt-in assembly using existing mounting points on the vehicle. No drilling or welding is required!
- No fabrication, welding or drilling required - 100% bolt-in installation!
- Removes the torque arm pivot point from the rear of the transmission to the Spohn crossmember
- Changes the instantaneous center and leverage point from stock
- Provides adjustable pinion angle
- Constructed of 1.25" o.d. x .120" wall DOM tubing
- TIG welded 4130N chrome moly threaded tube adapters
- Heavy-duty 3/8" thick laser cut steel rear housing mounting bracket
- Polyurethane bushing front mount version for minimal road noise. Integral grease fitting allows for lubrication of the fluted polyurethane bushing
- Rod ended front mount version utilizes an extra high strength chrome moly spherical rod end with Teflon� self lubricating race for those who demand the best in bind-free performance and strength
- Del-Sphere front mount version utilizes an extra high strength chrome moly Del-Sphere pivot joint for those who demand no bushing deflection and the best in street-friendly bind-free performance and strength
- Rear of torque arm mounts to the 3/8" thick steel rear housing mounting plates via two 3/4"-16 NFT x 5/8" bore x 7/8" thick solid steel rod ends.
- Integral 4140 chrome moly pinion angle adjuster between the bottom rear solid rod end and the bottom rear torque arm tube allows for easy pinion angle adjustment. A simple turn of the wrench will give you over 6 degrees of pinion angle adjustment, it's that simple.
- Available powder coated in your choice of the above colors
- This is a proven product being run on some of the fastest F-Bodies in the country!
- Rear mounting bracket is designed to fit on the OEM and/or aftermarket rear ends
4130N Upgrade: The ultimate in bullet-proof lightweight strength, 100% TIG welded chrome
moly construction! Same as above, but torque arm is constructed entirely from 1.25" x .095" 4130N chrome moly tubing.