Moser Engineering - Ford 9" Rear End - Complete - 1982-1992 GM F-Body: Camaro & Firebird
If you have questions regarding rear ends and their options read the "Ordering A Rear End - The Master FAQ List" article in our Support Center.
The Moser Engineering Ford 9" rear end for the 1982-1992 F-Body Camaro and Firebird is for those looking for the ultimate in "bullet-proof" performance and longevity! All Moser Engineering bolt-in Ford 9" housings are made with new heavy duty housing cores, seamless steel axle tubes (3.00" o.d. x 0.250" wall) and new CNC laser cut suspension mounting brackets.
The Moser Ford 9" rear end is 100% bolt in compatible for your 1982-1992 F-Body Camaro and Firebird. It includes all stock style suspension mounts installed on the housing for your panhard bar, rear lower control arms, shocks and the torque arm.
The standard set up includes:
- Housing with all stock style suspension brackets installed
- Custom alloy axles (up to 40 spline)
- Wheel bearings
- Wheel studs
- Retainer plates
Complete center section which includes the case, spool or posi unit, aluminum pinion support, 1350 pinion yoke,
ring and pinion gears and assembly
They are available with many options, please select the components you wish to have your rear end built with from the drop down option boxes. If you have any questions on the best set up for your application, email our tech department for assistance in making the right choices.
- 1982-1992 F-Body rear drum brakes and 9 bolt rear disc brakes are not compatible and can't be used. 1982-1992 F-Body 10 bolt rear disc brakes will require modifications to the backing plates (drawing). 1993-1997 and 1998-2002 F-Body rear disc brakes, Moser's drum brake kit, and Wilwood rear disc brakes will install with no modifications.
- The Moser rear end comes equipped with a 1350 series pinion yoke. If you will be re-using the stock driveshaft, you will need to choose the conversion u-joint option.
- To install a stock style rear sway bar, you will need to choose the sway bar installation kit option.
Shipping: The Moser Ford 9ï¿½ rear end ships via UPS Ground.